Odd stacktrace: Access Violation in object.TypeInfo_Interface.getHash

Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 7 04:04:15 PDT 2015

On Monday, 7 September 2015 at 08:55:31 UTC, Fra wrote:
> I encountered a runtime error in my code and all I can get
> (even in debug mode) is the following stacktrace:
>
> object.Error@(0): Access Violation
> ----------------
> 0x0051C308 in const(nothrow @trusted uint
> function(const(void*))) object.TypeInfo_Interface.getHash
> 0x0058D2C0 in D6engine5world5world5World6__vtblZ
> Error executing command run: Program exited with code 1
>
> No other information is provided.
> Anyone ever experienced anything similar? That __vtblZ part of
> the symbol name scares me a bit, TBH.
> The codebase is big, so will take me some time to reduce it to
> a simple example, even if I were to use dustmite, but I was
> hoping that someone faced this error message before and could
> give me a pointer on what to look for.

__vtbl indicates an entry in a virtual function table
object.Error@(0): the '0' the is the address that failed.

you attempted to get the hash of a null object ( of type
engine.world.world.World )

It does seem a bit odd that no other info is provided  stack
traces are usually quite a bit longer than that  ...