Speeding up text file parser (BLAST tabular format)

Edwin van Leeuwen via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 14 09:13:12 PDT 2015

On Monday, 14 September 2015 at 14:54:34 UTC, Fredrik Boulund
wrote:
> On Monday, 14 September 2015 at 14:40:29 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> I agree with you on that. I used Python's cProfile module to
> find the performance bottleneck in the Python version I posted,
> and shaved off 8-10 seconds of runtime on an extraneous
> str.split() I had missed.
> I tried using the built-in profiler in DMD on the D program but
> to no avail. I couldn't really make any sense of the output
> other than that were enormous amounts of calls to lots of
> functions I couldn't find a way to remove from the code. Here's
> a paste of the trace output from the version I posted in the
> original post: http://dpaste.com/1AXPK9P

See this link for clarification on what the columns/numbers in
the profile file mean
http://forum.dlang.org/post/f9gjmo$2gce$1@digitalmars.com

It is still difficult to parse though. I myself often use sysprof
(only available on linux), which automatically ranks by time
spent.