Canvas in Gtk connected to D?

Mike McKee via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 14 10:05:16 PDT 2015

Is there a way to do a canvas in GTK3 so that I can use chart.js,
and connect this to D? See, in something similar, a guy named
Julien Wintz figured out that Qt's QQuickWidget acts much like
the webkit Canvas object, and thus was able to port chart.js to
that widget. This allows one to use Qt + QQuickWidget + D (or any
Qt-supported language for that matter) to draw charts using
Javascript, using the chart.js documentation. What's also
fascinating about this is that it's fairly lightweight --
Julien's solution doesn't use Chromium (or other webkit
implementation) to make it work. (It should be noted, however,
that QQuickWidget uses OpenGL, however.) Likewise, it would be
great if I could do something similar in GTK3.

See, I like D, and I'm getting somewhere with it with GTK3, but
doing static charts like I see with chart.js is important for my
use of this language.