Anybody use Derelict FreeType recently (successfully)

WhatMeWorry via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 19 19:58:20 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 20 September 2015 at 01:59:19 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Saturday, 19 September 2015 at 15:01:06 UTC, WhatMeWorry
> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, meant to get back but got busy.  Yes, works great!
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Not sure why I had so much trouble finding a freetype.dll
>> library. Had no problems with OpenAL and FreeImage.
>
> I'm curious how you compiled the DLL that failed to load. Did
> you use one of the Visual Studio project files that ship with
> the FreeType source? Or the Makefile?

For my D programming I use the Visual D Studio package (plug-in?)
with the "free Visual Studio Shell (2013).

I download Visual Studio Express 2015 and used the FreeType 2.6
solution file. (So no makefile).

I tried making both a 32 and 64 bit freetype.dll  I've got a 64
bit Windows 8.1 machine, but I tried to leave no stone untouched.

I'm kinda self taught, so I might have made an error somewhere.
Or Could Visual Studio Express 2015 be too new?

PS.  Derelict is great.  I'm using FreeImage and OpenAL as well.

.