De Facto standard for D programming language

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 15 12:10:48 PDT 2016

On Friday, 15 April 2016 at 18:41:23 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:

> Having said that, there are some omissions of how some features
> interact.

I think it is a fantastic resource and have made much use out of
it. I hope you keep updating it.

It just happens that there are always some random quirks in D
that I only notice if I pay really close attention to the spec.
For instance, until Andrei pointed it out today I didn't realize
that virtual member functions can't be templates. I've probably
seen the line in the spec page, but didn't process it fully
because the examples they use in there are not the best. At least
with your book, everything is very readable with good examples.