Using D in Android App

Dan Olson via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 18 10:11:52 PDT 2016

Justice <J.Justice at gmail.com> writes:

> On Saturday, 16 April 2016 at 04:04:24 UTC, Justice wrote:
>> Is it difficult to create a D business like app and connect it to
>> android through java for the interface?
>>
>> I'd rather create all the complex stuff in D and either use it
>> natively through java(I need a UI).
>>
>> If it is workable, can the same be said for IOS(just recompile the D
>> source to the IOS architecture then use it in an IOS app for the
>> ui)?
>
> Anyone?

Short answer is it should work: see "Alpha support for mobile" links on
http://dlang.org/download.html

Joakim has been pushing Android support and I've been working on getting
iOS into the core language.  The caveat is that both are alpha support
and it is hard to predict when they will be first class D citizens.

Speaking for the iOS support, the downloadable compiler is based on
2.068 (LDC 0.17.0) and will move to whatever LDC supports after 1.0.0 is
released.  I don't know of any problems at this stage, as long as you
just want to side load your app.  Submitting to the App Store is another
matter.  It has not been done yet and Apple's requirement to include
embedded bitcode is missing currently.
--
Dan