Using D in Android App

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 18 14:45:58 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 16 April 2016 at 04:04:24 UTC, Justice wrote:
> Is it difficult to create a D business like app and connect it
> to android through java for the interface?
>
> I'd rather create all the complex stuff in D and either use it
> natively through java(I need a UI).
>
> If it is workable, can the same be said for IOS(just recompile
> the D source to the IOS architecture then use it in an IOS app
> for the ui)?

Depending on your budget, you could also look at Corona - Lua can
call D easily.

I haven't used on Android, but Qt QML may be worth a look (D
bindings to QML).

Wrt to D on android I would try porting some existing code and
see how that goes.  I think stuff seemed to work but because you
don't yet have so much company then it may be hard to be sure you
might not hit some problems till you try.