Rebind template(bug?)

Engine Machine via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 22 18:23:43 PDT 2016

On Monday, 22 August 2016 at 22:52:28 UTC, ag0aep6g wrote:
> On Monday, 22 August 2016 at 21:46:35 UTC, Engine Machine wrote:
>> I'm sorry if it confuses you... it doesn't confuse me.
>
> You needed quite some help to get this thing to work. And you
> made some mistakes and wrong statements in the process. That's
> perfectly fine, but please don't act as if Jack is the
> simpleton while you're the brainiac.

Um, please don't be an arrogant prick. I never said anything
about that. He says it confuses him, I said it doesn't confuse
me. Getting it to work in D has nothing to do with understanding
the structure. It's like saying that because you can't understand
English that you must be an imbecile.

>> I do not know why you have to try and prove something that is
>> a preference.
>
> Jack showed a version which he thinks is "cleaner". And since
> this is a discussion board about code, it makes perfect sense
> for him to do that. If you don't care about it, you don't have
> to engage in discussion, of course.

So? I am the one that asked the question how to do X. He brings
up Y, then you try to justify Y. It is illogical and insane to do
so.

>> Do you often get in to arguments with people about how ford is
>> better than chevy or blonds are better than brunettes?
>
> Please don't take this to a personal level. Jack was talking
> about the code, and you start questioning his character. Not
> cool.

No, Jack is talking about Y and people that try to change topics,
like you have done, is insane and do the same thing with what I
have stated. Keep it up though.

> If you're happy with what you got, and you don't want to
> discuss other versions, you can say so without setting the
> stage for a shouting match. Simply not replying is an option,
> too. It may be a bit less polite, but it's better than
> escalating things.

True, but then you should also take your own advice. But if a
person can't be direct, honest, and talk specifically what is
asked about, then it is already the well is already poisoned. But
which will you option will you choose?