Proper concurrent nearly lock free efficient nogc storage structures?

Illuminati via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 26 18:06:53 PDT 2016

On Friday, 26 August 2016 at 23:44:53 UTC, Cauterite wrote:
> On Friday, 26 August 2016 at 23:38:02 UTC, Illuminati wrote:
>> Does D have any such thing? I'm having to recreate the wheel
>> here and it isn't fun ;/  Getting in the way of real work ;/
>
> @nogc is such a new language feature that you can't expect a
> lot of support yet from e.g. the standard library.
>
> But in any case, Phobos is a very minimal library when it comes
> to data structures, for better or for worse. I personally hate
> to say it.
>
> However if you don't have your eye on Phobos, disregard my
> response, it was hard to tell from your question.

I would imagine after the addition of nogc that all the required
plumbing would be next on the list? not having nogc containers is
a real pain ;/ I've implemented a few but I find myself dreading
each new container, not so much because it is difficult but
because it is time consuming and takes away from real work I
should be doing.

Surely one of the many intelligent people on this forum should be
able to implement some of the basic structures fairly quickly?