[Semi-OT] I don't want to leave this language!

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 6 14:23:25 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 6 December 2016 at 22:13:54 UTC, bpr wrote:
> Those programmers who are comfortable working in a GC-ed
> language will likely eschew D because D's GC is really not that
> great.

So someone working with Ruby is not going to want to work with D
because of GC performance? I wonder what percentage of Ruby
programmers have thought about garbage collection ever. I could
see an argument that there are existing frameworks or some other
reason to prefer another language, but it is highly unlikely that
GC would be the reason that both C++ and Ruby programmers would
not want to use D.