[Semi-OT] I don't want to leave this language!

Picaud Vincent via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 7 08:43:51 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 7 December 2016 at 16:15:32 UTC, Chris wrote:

> I don't understand this discussion at all. Why not have both? I
> don't need bare metal stuff at the moment but I might one day,
> and I perfectly understand that people may need it. At the same
> time, there are people who are happy with runtime/Phobos/GC. In
> my opinion it's not a question of "either or" but of "both and".

Yes, I do agree, that is not exclusive. I only said that IMHO it
would be very useful to have a clear "mechanism" (pragma,
compiler flags...) to generate code close to what can be done
with C. The goal being to have appealing (= fast & low memory
footprint) libraries to attract people. That said, D with all its
features GC, ... is great, but maybe that is not the feature that
catches potential user attention the most.

-- Vincent