Unittest hangs on completion

Seb via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 30 12:59:30 PST 2016

On Friday, 30 December 2016 at 18:03:44 UTC, David  Zhang wrote:
> On Friday, 30 December 2016 at 14:12:35 UTC, Steven
> Schveighoffer wrote:
>> [snip]
>> It depends on what is actually hanging the process. If it's
>> something in your code base only, then nobody else would be
>> seeing it.
>>
>> -Steve
>
> So, what should I do with it? I'd submit a bug report, but I
> don't know how to isolate the bug, and thus where to submit it.
> Really, I'd just be happy knowing if it's my code or not.

Dustmite (https://github.com/CyberShadow/DustMite) is your friend!
Specifically with a timeout command (e.g.
https://github.com/CyberShadow/DustMite/wiki/Running-commands-with-a-timeout) and checking whether your reduced code is still timing out (exit code of timeout is 124).
If you set it to sth. reasonable (e.g. 10s) and use multiple
threads (e.g. -j32) it shouldn't take that long to have a reduced
code example.