Unittest hangs on completion

David Zhang via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 30 13:31:47 PST 2016

On Friday, 30 December 2016 at 20:59:30 UTC, Seb wrote:
> On Friday, 30 December 2016 at 18:03:44 UTC, David  Zhang wrote:
>> On Friday, 30 December 2016 at 14:12:35 UTC, Steven
>> Schveighoffer wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>> It depends on what is actually hanging the process. If it's
>>> something in your code base only, then nobody else would be
>>> seeing it.
>>>
>>> -Steve
>>
>> So, what should I do with it? I'd submit a bug report, but I
>> don't know how to isolate the bug, and thus where to submit
>> it. Really, I'd just be happy knowing if it's my code or not.
>
> Dustmite (https://github.com/CyberShadow/DustMite) is your
> friend!
> Specifically with a timeout command (e.g.
> https://github.com/CyberShadow/DustMite/wiki/Running-commands-with-a-timeout) and checking whether your reduced code is still timing out (exit code of timeout is 124).
> If you set it to sth. reasonable (e.g. 10s) and use multiple
> threads (e.g. -j32) it shouldn't take that long to have a
> reduced code example.

There wouldn't happen to be an alternative on windows without
installing cygwin would there? I don't have access to a linux
machine at the moment.

@Steven, the process hangs after the "All unit tests have been
successfully", after which the process is supposed to exit
immediately.

--
Running .\bin\__test__library__.exe
All unit tests have been run successfully.