Things that keep D from evolving?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 9 06:35:48 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 9 February 2016 at 13:41:30 UTC, NX wrote:
> There are several reasons I want to use D rather than C# / Go /
> something else:
> - Interfacing with native API without jumping through hoops

Well, but the hoops are there to get safe and fast GC.

> - Incredibly high abstraction and meta-programming
> possibilities with relatively easier syntax + semantics.

Not incredibly high level abstraction... But I get what you mean.
It is fairly high level for a low level language.

> - Having GC (but not a horribly slow one)

So you want this to be worked on (as D has a horribly slow one)?

> - Not bound to a specific platform (unlike C#, easier to do
> cross-platform work in many cases)

Doesn't C# work just as well as D (or better) with most platforms?