Things that keep D from evolving?

NX via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 9 05:41:30 PST 2016

On Monday, 8 February 2016 at 17:51:02 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> C++ compilers have lots of optional warnings/errors, so it is
> quite possible. But I suppose those that want it would rather
> use Go, C# or some other GC language than can do ahead of time
> compilation.

There are several reasons I want to use D rather than C# / Go /
something else:
- Interfacing with native API without jumping through hoops
- Incredibly high abstraction and meta-programming possibilities
with relatively easier syntax + semantics.
- It's harder to reverse engineer native code than byte code
equivalent.
- Trading off anything according to your needs.
- Expressiveness and purity, immutablity concepts.
- Having GC (but not a horribly slow one)
- Syntactic sugars (associtive arrays, powerful foreach,
slices...)
- Compile times
- Not bound to a specific platform (unlike C#, easier to do
cross-platform work in many cases)

I wish D could be better. I really want it with all of my heart...