Scala Spark-like RDD for D?

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 16 18:32:01 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 17 February 2016 at 02:03:40 UTC, Jon D wrote:
> On Tuesday, 16 February 2016 at 16:27:27 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
>> On Monday, 15 February 2016 at 11:09:10 UTC, data pulverizer
>> wrote:
>>
>>> As an alternative are there plans for parallel/cluster
>>> computing frameworks for D?
>>
>> You can use MPI:
>> https://github.com/DlangScience/OpenMPI
>
> FWIW, I'm interested in the wider topic of incorporating D into
> data science environments also. Sounds as if there are several
> interesting projects in the area, but so far my understanding
> of them is limited. Perhaps the forum isn't the best place to
> discuss, but if there happen to be any blog posts or other
> descriptions, it'd be great to get links.
>
> --Jon

You can discuss here, but there is also a gitter room

https://gitter.im/DlangScience/public

Also, I've got a project that embeds R inside D

http://lancebachmeier.com/rdlang/

It's not quite as good a user experience as others because I have
limited time for things not related to work. I've got an older
project to embed D inside R, but it hasn't been updated in a
while and it's Linux only.

https://bitbucket.org/bachmeil/dmdinline2