issue porting C++/glm/openGL to D/gl3n/openGL

WhatMeWorry via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 9 21:47:01 PST 2016

On Sunday, 10 January 2016 at 04:37:43 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Sunday, 10 January 2016 at 02:51:57 UTC, WhatMeWorry wrote:
>>

>> Is gl3n not a direct replacement for glm?
>>

> From the very top of the gl3n github page:
>
> "OpenGL Maths for D (not glm for D)."
>
> So, no, it is not. You might want to start with the glm
> documentaion [1].
>
> [1] http://dav1dde.github.io/gl3n/

Thanks. Bummer. I really like gl3n, but glm/opengl is used almost
exclusively in all the modern opengl code (tutorials) I've seen,
so this might be a deal breaker.  As the author of Derelict do
you have any ideas of how much work is involved with getting glm
to work with D?

Want to do a DerelictGLM :)

I bought your excellent book as a xmas present for myself so
looks like I'll be reading chapter 9.