Setting up dmd properly

Jason Jeffory via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 11 08:27:54 PST 2016

On Monday, 11 January 2016 at 05:46:11 UTC, Robert M. Münch wrote:
> On 2016-01-11 01:47:54 +0000, Jason Jeffory said:
>
>> and how does one link in compiled static libraries into a dub
>> project?
>>
>> I tried adding stuff like
>>
>> "lflags" : ["+C:\\MyLibs\\"],
>>
>> with the .lib file in it, but that doesn't work. (I'd expect
>> to have to supply the file name somewhere, at least)
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> I agree with all your other points. Telling explicit what's
> going on would help a lot in daily business. Not only for D but
> all compiler stuff. But it seems to be tradition to not do this.
>
> Anyway, regarding the static libs. I used this on a Win64
> project and it works:
>
>        "lflags" : [
>
> "D:\\develop\\cairo\\cairo\\src\\release\\cairo-static.lib",
>          "D:\\develop\\cairo\\libpng\\libpng.lib",
>          "gdi32.lib"
>        ],

Thanks, that works but

1. *not a valid lib file* (glfw3.lib) ;/ Ok,
2. What about 64? Does one have to maintain two branches for that?

I don't understand why the trend is not to be verbose but to hide
details ;/ It's simply the wrong way.

1. Trying windows link instead, remember having problems like
this in the past with optlink.

"LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file '_CMDLINE'"

;/

tried converting with coffimplib, not an import library. Another
rabbit hole to go down ;/ (Why do programmers make programmers
life hell?)

After trying other various things that didn't work, I'm done for
today... too frustrating. Hopefully I'll come back tomorrow with
a nice surprise.