Anyone using glad?

Jason Jeffory via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 12 22:30:44 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 12 January 2016 at 20:48:37 UTC, Dav1d wrote:
> On Tuesday, 12 January 2016 at 19:16:51 UTC, Jason Jeffory
> wrote:
>> So, I finally got it to work by abandoning demios and static
>> linking. Derelict + dynamic linking worked with only about a
>> min of problems(copying the proper dll to the correct place).
>> I'd prefer static linking but I can deal with that later.
>
> Yup, that's a little bit annoying on Windows (also as mentioned
> before the deimos bindings weren't updated in a while, might
> contribute to your issue).
>
>> My current problem is: 1. The code doesn't work as expected:
>> It should show a type of triangle on the display, instead the
>> whole display is colored, probably user error as I cobbled
>> together some tutorial code. 2*. I get an access violation
>> when exiting the program. I have no idea how, why, or where
>> this is happening(except, obviously towards the end of the
>> program... probably a cleanup issue).
>>

> What does a debugger say? Where is it coming from?

It doesn't I put a break point on the glfwTerminate() and what
visual studio/d shows is something in the "import
derelict.glfw3.glfw3;" statement.

Well, a BP on on glfwTerminate is never reached. Hence it must be
before that. The loop should work fine because it works already.
One would think it is the while (!glfwWindowShouldClose(window)),
but using just a global variable still causes the exception.

Hence the logical place the except should be occurring is

glfwPollEvents();

If I remove it and just use a counter and exit after while, then
there is no exception. Hence, it must be glfwPollEvents();

But what can I do about that? Must be an issue with Derelict or
glfw! Since Derelict is just bindings, it suggests glfw. But what
possibly could be wrong?