Anyone using glad?

Dav1d via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 13 08:04:32 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 13 January 2016 at 06:30:44 UTC, Jason Jeffory
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 12 January 2016 at 20:48:37 UTC, Dav1d wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 12 January 2016 at 19:16:51 UTC, Jason Jeffory
>> wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> Yup, that's a little bit annoying on Windows (also as
>> mentioned before the deimos bindings weren't updated in a
>> while, might contribute to your issue).
>>
>>>[...]
>>
>> What does a debugger say? Where is it coming from?
>

> It doesn't I put a break point on the glfwTerminate() and what
> visual studio/d shows is something in the "import
> derelict.glfw3.glfw3;" statement.
>

> Well, a BP on on glfwTerminate is never reached. Hence it must
> be before that. The loop should work fine because it works
> already. One would think it is the while
> (!glfwWindowShouldClose(window)), but using just a global
> variable still causes the exception.
>
> Hence the logical place the except should be occurring is
>
> glfwPollEvents();
>
> If I remove it and just use a counter and exit after while,
> then there is no exception. Hence, it must be glfwPollEvents();
>
> But what can I do about that? Must be an issue with Derelict or
> glfw! Since Derelict is just bindings, it suggests glfw. But
> what possibly could be wrong?

That's not correct.
Build a debug build and check the stacktrace which should be
printed, if not open gdb or any other debugger and set a
breakpoint on the exception. Iirc you can break on _d_throw and
check the stacktrace, then you know where it actually is coming
from.