Anyone using glad?

Dav1d via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 13 10:40:39 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 13 January 2016 at 17:43:54 UTC, Jason Jeffory
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 January 2016 at 16:04:32 UTC, Dav1d wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 13 January 2016 at 06:30:44 UTC, Jason Jeffory
>> wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> That's not correct.
>> Build a debug build and check the stacktrace which should be
>> printed, if not open gdb or any other debugger and set a
>> breakpoint on the exception. Iirc you can break on _d_throw
>> and check the stacktrace, then you know where it actually is
>> coming from.
>
> Either I don't get what you are talking about, or VS doesn't do
> what you think it does.
>
> When I run the program, this is the stack trace. VS pops up
> with an "Exception has been thrown" window and it highlights
> the "import derelict.glfw3.glfw3;" line. I can't get any
> further than that. It is a debug build. But the except is not
> coming directly from the test.d code.
>
>  	user32.dll!74d94790
>  	user32.dll!74d94527
>  	opengl32.dll!5946caa3
>  	user32.dll!74db4923
>  	user32.dll!74d94790
>  	user32.dll!74d94091
>  	user32.dll!74d93e50
>  	glfw3.dll!59525797
>  	glfw3.dll!5952792c
>
> 	test.exe!_D2rt6dmain211_d_run_mainUiPPaPUAAaZiZ6runAllMFZ9__lambda1MFZv() + 0x1b bytes	D
>  	test.exe!_D2rt6dmain211_d_run_mainUiPPaPUAAaZiZ6runAllMFZv()
> + 0x23 bytes	D
>  	test.exe!__d_run_main() + 0x20c bytes	D
>>	test.exe!__entrypoint.main() Line 7 + 0x11 bytes	D
>  	test.exe!_mainCRTStartup() + 0xa9 bytes	D
>

> I'm not sure what you are expecting to happen. I can't step in
> to anything to see more detail and the lines that VS is showing
> where the problem is, is not steppable. It maybe a weird issue
> with VisualD. I will try gbd for windows, but have to install
> it and learn how to use it.

Yup that trace looks like a glfw issue not sure what causes it...
that stacktrace on the other hand isn't really that helpful, it
doesn't show what function call caused it only that it happens
somewhere in glfw then possibly the driver.

I never used the VS debugger .. so no idea if you're doing it
wrong or VS is simply not capable of debugging it.

Psudeo gdb session:

/* crashes here */
> bt full

Or if an exception is thrown