Anyone using glad?

Jason Jeffory via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 13 11:17:11 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 13 January 2016 at 18:40:39 UTC, Dav1d wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 January 2016 at 17:43:54 UTC, Jason Jeffory
> wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 13 January 2016 at 16:04:32 UTC, Dav1d wrote:
>>>
>>> That's not correct.
>>> Build a debug build and check the stacktrace which should be
>>> printed, if not open gdb or any other debugger and set a
>>> breakpoint on the exception. Iirc you can break on _d_throw
>>> and check the stacktrace, then you know where it actually is
>>> coming from.
>>
>> Either I don't get what you are talking about, or VS doesn't
>> do what you think it does.
>>
>> When I run the program, this is the stack trace. VS pops up
>> with an "Exception has been thrown" window and it highlights
>> the "import derelict.glfw3.glfw3;" line. I can't get any
>> further than that. It is a debug build. But the except is not
>> coming directly from the test.d code.
>>
>>  	user32.dll!74d94790
>>  	user32.dll!74d94527
>>  	opengl32.dll!5946caa3
>>  	user32.dll!74db4923
>>  	user32.dll!74d94790
>>  	user32.dll!74d94091
>>  	user32.dll!74d93e50
>>  	glfw3.dll!59525797
>>  	glfw3.dll!5952792c
>>
>> 	test.exe!_D2rt6dmain211_d_run_mainUiPPaPUAAaZiZ6runAllMFZ9__lambda1MFZv() + 0x1b bytes	D
>>  	test.exe!_D2rt6dmain211_d_run_mainUiPPaPUAAaZiZ6runAllMFZv()
>> + 0x23 bytes	D
>>  	test.exe!__d_run_main() + 0x20c bytes	D
>>>	test.exe!__entrypoint.main() Line 7 + 0x11 bytes	D
>>  	test.exe!_mainCRTStartup() + 0xa9 bytes	D
>>

>> I'm not sure what you are expecting to happen. I can't step in
>> to anything to see more detail and the lines that VS is
>> showing where the problem is, is not steppable. It maybe a
>> weird issue with VisualD. I will try gbd for windows, but have
>> to install it and learn how to use it.
>
> Yup that trace looks like a glfw issue not sure what causes
> it... that stacktrace on the other hand isn't really that
> helpful, it doesn't show what function call caused it only that
> it happens somewhere in glfw then possibly the driver.
>
> I never used the VS debugger .. so no idea if you're doing it
> wrong or VS is simply not capable of debugging it.
>
> Psudeo gdb session:

> /* crashes here */
>> bt full
>
> Or if an exception is thrown
>
>> b _d_throw
>> bt full

I don't know ;/ The SIGSEGV happens when I hit a key to exit the
program.

This binary was built by Equation Solution
<http://www.Equation.com>...
Reading symbols from test.exe...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
(gdb) r
Starting program: B:\Software\test\test.exe
[New Thread 8660.0x1310]
warning: `C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll': Shared library
architecture i386:x86-64 is not compatible with target
architecture i386.
warning: `C:\Windows\system32\wow64.dll': Shared library
architecture i386:x86-64 is not compatible with target
architecture i386.
warning: `C:\Windows\system32\wow64win.dll': Shared library
architecture i386:x86-64 is not compatible with target
architecture i386.
warning: Could not load shared library symbols for
WOW64_IMAGE_SECTION.
Do you need "set solib-search-path" or "set sysroot"?
warning: Could not load shared library symbols for
WOW64_IMAGE_SECTION.
Do you need "set solib-search-path" or "set sysroot"?
warning: Could not load shared library symbols for NOT_AN_IMAGE.
Do you need "set solib-search-path" or "set sysroot"?
warning: Could not load shared library symbols for NOT_AN_IMAGE.
Do you need "set solib-search-path" or "set sysroot"?
warning: `C:\Windows\system32\wow64cpu.dll': Shared library
architecture i386:x86-64 is not compatible with target
architecture i386.
[New Thread 8660.0x1160]
[New Thread 8660.0xe00]
[New Thread 8660.0x2068]
[New Thread 8660.0xb58]
[New Thread 8660.0x231c]
[New Thread 8660.0x1b3c]
[New Thread 8660.0x21bc]
[Thread 8660.0xb58 exited with code 0]
[New Thread 8660.0x2488]
[Thread 8660.0x1b3c exited with code 0]
[New Thread 8660.0x27cc]
[New Thread 8660.0x237c]
[Thread 8660.0x237c exited with code 0]
[Thread 8660.0x27cc exited with code 0]
[New Thread 8660.0x2088]
[New Thread 8660.0x241c]
OpenGL Version 3.3 loaded
Key Pressed = 32 <------------------ I hit a key to exit and the
SIGSEGV happens

0x0000002b in ?? ()
(gdb) bt full
#0  0x0000002b in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
Cannot access memory at address 0x44
(gdb) b _d_throw
Function "_d_throw" not defined.
Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n])
Breakpoint 1 (_d_throw) pending.
(gdb) r
The program being debugged has been started already.
Start it from the beginning? (y or n) y
Starting program: B:\Software\test\test.exe
[New Thread 8408.0x1a5c]
[...]
[New Thread 8408.0x1cb8]
[New Thread 8408.0x2454]
[New Thread 8408.0x268c]
[New Thread 8408.0x164]
[New Thread 8408.0x2150]
[New Thread 8408.0x2398]
[Thread 8408.0x2398 exited with code 0]
[New Thread 8408.0x2314]
[New Thread 8408.0x1ff8]
[Thread 8408.0x164 exited with code 0]
[New Thread 8408.0x238]
[New Thread 8408.0x2190]
[Thread 8408.0x2314 exited with code 0]
[Thread 8408.0x1ff8 exited with code 0]
[New Thread 8408.0x27ac]
[New Thread 8408.0x22a4]
OpenGL Version 3.3 loaded
Key Pressed = 36

0x0000002b in ?? ()
(gdb) bt full
#0  0x0000002b in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
Cannot access memory at address 0x4a
(gdb)

I tried some online walkthrough's and I'd get the same issue...
basically `in ??`, which I have no idea what it means and it is
not informative. I can put a try/catch and catch the exception to
avoid the error... obviously not an ideal solution.