Anyone using glad?

Jason Jeffory via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 13 14:51:45 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 13 January 2016 at 20:13:49 UTC, Dav1d wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 January 2016 at 19:20:40 UTC, Jason Jeffory
> wrote:
>> What I can't seem to figure out why
>>
>> try { loop }
>> catch
>> {
>>
>> }
>>
>> catches the exception but
>>
>> try { loop }
>> catch (Throwable t) // Only diff
>> {
>>
>> }
>>
>> doesn't ;/ Probably my ignorance about D, but I was hoping to
>> get some info about the exception this way(line number, etc...)
>
> This is not an exception you should catch at all. Also pretty
> sure this wont work with 64bit binaries.
> D does realize a segmentation fault, access to invalid memory,
> that's nothing a program should simply catch and then silently
> ignore, the issue causing it needs to be addressed.

It was for testing purposes and to try and figure out what is
going on.

> Also why doesn't your key_callback not to be extern(C), I
> thought that was required.

The app never exits with extern(C), it doesn't crash though.

> 'Reading symbols from test.exe...(no debugging symbols
> found)...done.', you arent gonna get any useful information
> without debug symbols. Also additionally use a glfw debug build.

Why aren't the debug symbols added in a debug build? Makes no
sense!

I don't have a debug build of glfw.

After an few hours of fucking with cmake, turns out it had a bug.
Updated it and worked. Pretty much through with this crap. I'm
not going to waste any more time screwing with the dysfunctional
approach that software design is taking. I appreciate your help.
See you on the flip side! Have fun crawling through the sewers of
"modern" programming!