Glad and WGL

Josh Phillips via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 14 23:37:27 PST 2016

On Thursday, 14 January 2016 at 09:42:50 UTC, Dav1d wrote:
> On Thursday, 14 January 2016 at 09:25:50 UTC, Dav1d wrote:
>> On Thursday, 14 January 2016 at 02:35:28 UTC, Josh Phillips
>> wrote:
>> Welcome to D and Windows. You can use GDC or LDC or try
>> http://wiki.dlang.org/Installing_DMD_on_64-bit_Windows_7_(COFF-compatible)
>>
>> Or you find an OMF opengl32.lib OR you make your own with
>> implib and coff2omf
>> http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/implib.html
>> http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/coff2omf.html
>> I dont really remember how that worked.
>
> There is also objconv: http://www.agner.org/optimize/
>
> I found in an older code:
>
> echo "implib /s opengl32.lib opengl32.dll && exit" | cmd
>
> So maybe `implib /s opengl32.lib opengl32.dll` is enough. Would
> like to help you more, but I didnt need to deal with this shit
> lately (luckily) and forgot most of this mess.

I actually got it to work by enforcing 64bit. DMD uses the VC
Linker in 64bit mode I guess.

However I (of course) ran into new errors. Gl functions like
glGetString and glGetIntegerv cause the program to crash. It
appears that an opengl context is being created so I'm not sure
whats causing the problem