Properties don't work as expected

Leandro Motta Barros via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 5 06:34:42 PDT 2016

D is being used productively by some companies, so I guess we can call it
production-ready. This doesn't meant there are not rough corners. The
language is being actively developed, and I see that some work is being
done on those rough corners. However, keep in mind that:

1) Maybe what you perceive as a strong deficiency isn't seen as a top
priority for the D developers. This issue with properties, for instance, is
annoying (I agree with you!), but most of the time (if not ever) it can be
easily circumvented (as Satoshi has shown).

2) Sometimes, changing language features have subtle side effects, and the
devs must take everything into account. A fix that looks obvious for us
mere mortals can actually open a can of worms and introduce many new issues.

Hope this answers your quesiton,

LMB