Properties don't work as expected

zodd via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 5 07:07:25 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 5 July 2016 at 13:37:50 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> if this minor thing blocks you from using D... alas. otherwise,
> just make a workaroung and keep going. *eventually* this will
> be fixed, but you'd better don't wait for it.

No, this issue doesn't block me from using D. I'm asking because
I encountered with a few things (like this one), which seems like
they're a bit "unfinished".
For example:
http://forum.dlang.org/post/mailman.1463.1361561853.22503.digitalmars-d-learn@puremagic.com : "Don't use 'in', because it doesn't mean what it seems to mean, and it's not correctly implemented at the moment."
http://forum.dlang.org/post/lgqcjiuigsseoazirkor@forum.dlang.org
- "cast `shared` away. yes, this is how you supposed to use it
now: cast it away."

Reading topics like these doesn't add confidence. But don't get
me wrong, I don't want to say that "D is unfinished" or "D has a
bad design". I don't know it good enough to make such loud
statements. I'm just trying to figure out what D is and how can I
use it.

Answering your other question: I think that production ready
language should have a "finished" design and its detailed
description (not a basic overview of the features).