webfreak001: Request assist installing workspace-d on Windows

Andrew Edwards via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 5 12:34:48 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 5 July 2016 at 19:25:50 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
> On Tuesday, 5 July 2016 at 19:14:32 UTC, Andrew Edwards wrote:
>>
>> There is on --config=client for the current version of dub so
>> I went to the location of the source for
>> experimental_allocator and ran dub build --build=release
>> --config=library instead, which generated the missing file.
>> Problem is I don't know how to fix this in your build
>> instructions so that the compellation will resume or continue
>> to completion. Please assist.
>>
> It fails on installing DCD. On the installation.bat just select
> 2,3 and get prebuilt DCD binaries from the project page or
> build them yourself.

It's more than that. Now, it fails because it can't find DMD.
Now, I see no reason to use both DMD and LDC. Ultimately I'd like
to use DMD because it is the simplest to install for a newcomer
but your workspace-d/code-d requires LDC on windows platforms. If
that's the case why would it now be failing because it cannot
find DMD?