Some asm help for the 'thiscall' calling convention?

Adam Sansier via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 13 15:30:51 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 13 July 2016 at 22:09:05 UTC, flamencofantasy wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 July 2016 at 20:39:00 UTC, Adam Sansier wrote:

>>> COM uses stdcall convention. Everything else is not COM.
>>
>> Ignore the fool, mark your functions extern(C++) and it will
>> work. IUnknown uses extern(Windows) while ASIO uses
>> extern(C++) for some reason. It may not be COM in the eyes of
>> God... I mean Kagamin, though.
>
> You revived this thread solely to insert a personal attack???

Um, no, I revived it so that people searching for answers
wouldn't be led astray by idiots who pretend to know everything.
That's not a personal attack. It's simply pointing out that there
is a solution. If it happens to point out that someone makes some
blanket statement is an idiot, that's just icing on the cake. We
have to point out the idiots so either 1. they stop making such
blanket statements and acting like they are correct. 2. People
quickly learn not to listen to them. 3. People know their
statements are wrong.

I wouldn't be in this position if they didn't put me here. I'm
sorry if I won't sit idle by and let them spread their ignorance.
You may see it as a minor thing, but that your ignorance. I'm
sorry if that offends you, are you one of the idiots?

I'll be damned if I'm suppose to show humility and they aren't.
It's a two way street.