Why D isn't the next "big thing" already

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 27 04:15:33 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 26 July 2016 at 15:11:00 UTC, llaine wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm using D since a few month now and I was wondering why
> people don't jump onto it that much and why it isn't the "big
> thing" already.

Because languages don't become big things. Good solutions to
particular problems  become big things, but D is a very good
language and nothing more. So if that is your criteria for
choosing a language, you might want to use something else.

D will go the route of continual improvement and increased
adoption. As more and more people use it for small projects, the
ecosystem will improve, and it will begin to be adopted for
bigger projects.