Why D isn't the next "big thing" already

lkfsdg via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 27 05:07:49 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 27 July 2016 at 11:11:56 UTC, llaine wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 July 2016 at 10:42:50 UTC, lkfsdg wrote:
>
>> Also I predict that the more it'll get popular the less it
>> will attract hobbyist. I did't realized at the beginning (I've
>> discovered D in 2012 then started to learn more seriously in
>> 2014) but Alexandrescu clairly aims at a professional usage so
>> it'll become less and less fun.
>
> What do you mean by that ?

It should be clear so let's rephrase: I think that hobbyists will
be less and less attracted by D because its professionalization.

But you shouldn't attach any importance to this idea. I might be
wrong, it's just that if, let's say, in five years I observe that
this is true, I will be able to say "I knew it" without being
biased (retrospective bias) because the idea is clearly stated. ;)