Check of point inside/outside polygon

Suliman via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 27 07:56:13 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 27 July 2016 at 12:47:14 UTC, chmike wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 July 2016 at 09:39:18 UTC, Suliman wrote:

>> Big thanks!
>> Ehm... Now I should add iteration on array of points in first
>> and second polygon? If it's not hard for you could you show
>> how it should look please.
>
> Sorry, I may have misunderstood the initial problem. You were
> asking how to test if a point is inside a polygon. Now you are
> referring to two polygons. This sound different.
>
> Iterating on segments of a polygon is not so difficult and is
> highly dependent of the data structure you use to represent
> points, segments and polygons.
>
> This really looks like an assignment or a D learning exercise.
> What do you need this for ?
> Do you have the data structures already defined ?

Sorry, its my issue I am thinging about polygons, but for me
would be enought points.
The problem is next. I am writhing geo portal where user can draw
shape. I need to get users images that user shape cross. But as
temporal solution it would be enough to detect if image central
point inside this polygon (I know its coordinates).

I can do its on DB level, but I would like to use SQLite that do
bot have geometry support. So i am looking for any solution. I
can use gdal but its _very_ heavy