core.sys.windows so lean?

Jonathan Marler via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 6 09:04:30 PDT 2016

I'm writing some platform specific D code and I've found that
what the druntime exposes for the windows platform is pretty
lean.  I'm guessing that the purpose of the druntime version of
the windows api is to implement the minimum required to support
the windows platform and not meant to be a full-featured
interface to windows.  Is this the case?

If so, is there a good library that someone has implemented to
support the full windows API? I think I remember there was one a
few years ago, but now I'm unable to find it.  I think I remember
that the windows .lib files installed with dmd were missing
symbols/functions I needed so I had to use the ones in the
system32 directory installed with windows.  I also had to convert
them to OMF (since optlink doesn't support COFF).  I'm just
wondering if someone can shed some light on this, it's just been
a while and google didn't seem to be much help so pointers in the
right direction would be much appreciated.  Thanks.