core.sys.windows so lean?

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 6 09:13:48 PDT 2016

On Monday, 6 June 2016 at 16:04:30 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:
> I'm writing some platform specific D code and I've found that
> what the druntime exposes for the windows platform is pretty
> lean.  I'm guessing that the purpose of the druntime version of
> the windows api is to implement the minimum required to support
> the windows platform and not meant to be a full-featured
> interface to windows.  Is this the case?

Erm, not since 2.070:

http://dlang.org/changelog/2.070.0.html#core-sys-windows

> If so, is there a good library that someone has implemented to
> support the full windows API? I think I remember there was one
> a few years ago, but now I'm unable to find it.  I think I
> remember that the windows .lib files installed with dmd were
> missing symbols/functions I needed so I had to use the ones in
> the system32 directory installed with windows.  I also had to
> convert them to OMF (since optlink doesn't support COFF).  I'm
> just wondering if someone can shed some light on this, it's
> just been a while and google didn't seem to be much help so
> pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated.
> Thanks.

This is the (former URL of the) library you are thinking of:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/bindings

Or you might've used my GitHub mirror:

https://github.com/CS-svnmirror/dsource-bindings
https://github.com/CS-svnmirror/dsource-bindings-win32

It has been intergrated into Druntime as the core.sys.windows
package in 2.070.