dlang.org using apache?

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 8 06:32:00 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 8 June 2016 at 13:13:07 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:
> I've decided to write a web application using vibe and was
> shocked to see that dlang.org was using apache.
>
> Should I be scared that even after this long, the official D
> website doesn't rely on its own web tools?

No, you shouldn't. Like everything else, it's a matter of
priorities and resources. Currently, code.dlang.org and
tour.dlang.org both run on vibe.d, both of which were put
together by community members. The forums here is Vladimir's
DFeed, which he developed with his own web tools. There may yet
come a time when someone converts dlang.org to a vibe.d web app,
but it almost certainly isn't going to be any of the core team
members. They have enough on their plate already.

Hell, if it's ever been brought up in the forums before now, I
don't remember seeing it. While it would be great in terms of dog
fooding to see such a project, I personally don't see that it's a
big deal if dlang.org runs on Apache. Maybe if you've got some
extra time... :)