dlang.org using apache?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 8 10:25:18 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 8 June 2016 at 16:58:42 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> At any rate, we *are* using our own tech in several places. And
> I think Seb has shown that in practice, it probably isn't that
> big a deal that the entire website isn't served by a D project.

If you want to convince me, as a backend web developer, that you
have something worth looking at you have to showcase the result
and also provide the source code for it. Ideally I should be able
to download the source from github and get something similar
running with little effort. If I have to write lots of code for
things that are basic, then it isn't interesting to me.

Same thing for the compiler. I look at it in order to find out
how D can be used in a larger project. If I find that you bypass
the runtime in order to perform and revert to manual raw-pointer
memory management, then it isn't interesting to me.

Same thing with standard library. I look at it to see how real
world programming in D (by language experts) turns out.

The only reason I am starting to adopt Go for backend is that
they showcase that the things I want to do can done with concise
source code. Without such real world showcases I would most
likely not even consider it.