dlang.org using apache?

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 8 09:58:42 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 8 June 2016 at 15:05:54 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 8 June 2016 at 14:45:58 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> What does that have to do with the website? The forum software
>> is written in D and has a reputation for performance. This is
>> simply a matter of it not popping up on anyone's radar and has
>> nothing to do with the GC or performance hits.
>
> Jonathan pointed out that people loose confidence when projects
> don't use their own tech if they have it. If this was just a
> single datapoint it would be a non-issue, but when it is a
> tendency, then it is a marketing issue.

I was specifically referencing the bit you chopped out in the
quote about GC and bad performance. I understood Jonathan's
argument just fine (though I disagree with it). I didn't
understand yours.

At any rate, we *are* using our own tech in several places. And I
think Seb has shown that in practice, it probably isn't that big
a deal that the entire website isn't served by a D project.