Asio Bindings?

Andrej Mitrovic via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 8 16:19:13 PDT 2016

I do have (Steinberg) ASIO binding in D.

The problem is I couldn't release the bindings. I've asked Steinberg
if it was OK to release D bindings and they were strongly against it
unfortunately (and this was over 3 years ago..).

Any kind of direct use of ASIO requires their approval first.. meaning
you had to register on their website.

I would recommend using third party libs that abstract the underlying
engine, like PortAudio  or RtAudio (the later of which I'm going to
release a port of soon!).

I had a binding to PortAudio but the devs of that library insisted on
only supporting interleaved audio, RtAudio supports both interleaved
and non-interleaved audio, and the library is easy to port.