OpenGL Setup?

OpenJelly via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 16 12:52:58 PDT 2016

Last time I worked on anything OpenGL in D I was using a Linux
machine, and I had to really bend over backward to get set up.
I'm using Windows 7 at the moment and I'd like to work on some
graphics stuff but I'm pretty lost...

I just want to install an IDE that's not prone to crashing and
comes with standard features like D syntax highlighting, code
completion, code folding, side bar with my project's directory,
integrated console, bindable key commands (build (with dub), run,
stop), and some debugging help doesn't hurt but I can get by
without being able to set break points... and then I need to get
the right libs and bindings in order nut half of them I can't
figure out the instructions for.

What I've been trying to do for the past few hours is set up
SublimeText3 with dub and get the derelictGLFW3 binding to work,
but I can't even get dkit working, and I'd honestly rather be
using code::blocks but I've had trouble getting D code completion
working in that before, and while I could probably get SFML
bindings to work (as their documentation caters to idiots like
me), I don't really want to use it, I just want something small
that handles an OpenGL window without the other stuff.

If anyone's got a solid setup and can explain to me like I'm 5
how they got it all nice, that'd really help me out a lot. Thanks.