ARSD PNG memory usage

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 16 20:41:02 PDT 2016

On Friday, 17 June 2016 at 02:55:43 UTC, thedeemon wrote:
> I've bumped into this previously. It allocates a lot of
> temporary arrays for decoded chunks of data, and I managed to
> reduce those allocations a bit, here's the version I used:

If you can PR any of it to me, I'll merge.

It actually has been on my todo list for a while to change the
decoder to generate less garbage. I have had trouble in the past
with temporary arrays being pinned by false pointers and the
memory use ballooning from that, and the lifetime is really easy
to manage so just malloc/freeing it would be an easy solution,
just like you said, std.zlib basically sucks so I have to use the
underlying C functions and I just haven't gotten around to it.