Issues getting DCD to work on Windows

OpenJelly via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 17 09:58:42 PDT 2016

Trying to set up an IDE on Windows 7 with code completion but my
issues keep coming back to DCD. The tests failed the one time I
could get the tests to go beyond it waiting for another instance
of DCD to close. The path is added to my PATH variable, I've
rebuilt it from source with the .bat file to install it on
Windows and rebuilt it with dub as per the github instructions...
I even changed one of its source files to import winsock2 instead
of winsock because the build output kept warning me about a
depreciation... probably made it worse as I've now got prompts
telling me about Socket OS Exceptions.

Anyone got a clue what I could be doing wrong and how I can fix
it?