Issues getting DCD to work on Windows

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 17 20:05:13 PDT 2016

On Friday, 17 June 2016 at 16:58:42 UTC, OpenJelly wrote:
> Trying to set up an IDE on Windows 7 with code completion but
> my issues keep coming back to DCD. The tests failed the one
> time I could get the tests to go beyond it waiting for another
> instance of DCD to close. The path is added to my PATH
> variable, I've rebuilt it from source with the .bat file to
> install it on Windows and rebuilt it with dub as per the github
> instructions... I even changed one of its source files to
> import winsock2 instead of winsock because the build output
> kept warning me about a depreciation... probably made it worse
> as I've now got prompts telling me about Socket OS Exceptions.
>
> Anyone got a clue what I could be doing wrong and how I can fix
> it?

I compiled it with dub and started using it with VS Code just
fine. Now and again a Socket exception pops up, but it works. You
say you're running the tests? That means you compiled it, right?

dub build --build=release

You might want to add -ax86_64 to that as well if you are running
64-bit Windows.