Using .lib and .dll in D applications

moe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 21 20:06:29 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 22 June 2016 at 02:54:06 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Wednesday, 22 June 2016 at 02:38:23 UTC, moe wrote:
>

>> Yes, I did it intentionally. I wanted to ensure that the
>> packages are self contained and check whether it would work
>> fine like this. Basically I like to have a project that
>> contains everything it needs with the versions originally used
>> to build. It sort of creates a reference for learning.
>
> Understood. FYI, you can specify a specific version and dub
> upgrade won't touch it.
>

>> For testing I would have also liked not to build a dub project
>> for the PluginContract but rather have a simple iplugins.d
>> file in a folder. I could not get it to be imported if it's
>> outside of a dub project.
>>
>> "importPaths": ["../PluginContract"]
>>
>> Did not work for some reason. But that's a minor issue.
>
> Becuase you specified an incomplete path:
>
> ../PluginContract/source
>
> The compiler needs the root directory of the root package for
> any imporyed module.

I meant like this:

- PluginContract // not a dub project, just some folder
-- iplugin.d

- TestApp // all files for the app (separate project)
-- packages
---- DerelictUtil-master // contains the project for derelict
-- source
---- app.d // the app
-- dub.json // the project file for the app

The only dub project would be TestApp. PluginContract would just
be some folder completely outside the TestApp dub project. I
could not get a relative path to work like this.