Get specific item by index from DList

TheDGuy via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 22 15:49:54 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 22 June 2016 at 22:25:21 UTC, lmpo wrote:
> On Wednesday, 22 June 2016 at 22:10:09 UTC, TheDGuy wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i am currently programming a small game with GTKD and i have
>> to use a Dlist because an array is static
>
> Static ? An array is not static. a DList is only interesting
> when you have to insert or remove inside the list i.e not at
> the back. If the container grows always from the back than you
> should rather use an array.

Thanks a lot for your answer. The main reason why i switched the
DList is, that i have to initialize an array with a fixed length
but it is important for me that the length-value of the property
of the array is not the maximum length but the amount of indexes
which actually contain values. I don't know how i could do this
without creating an extra variable?