BZ2 library

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 11 22:07:25 PST 2016

On Saturday, 12 March 2016 at 05:16:37 UTC, stunaep wrote:
> I'm really having a hard time using bzp (and later I need gzip
> and lzma).
>
> So I added this bzip2 D interface to my DUB dependencies
>     "dependencies" : {
>         "bzip2": "~>0.1.0"
>     }
>
> I downloaded the bzip2 source code and compiled it for windows
> 32bit (will 64 bit work with dmd2?).

Yes, as long as you have the Microsoft toolchain installed. You
can use the COFF format then.

> Then I used coffimplib.exe to convert the .lib file from coff
> to omf. From there I added this code:
>     pragma(lib, "libbzip2OMF.lib");

With the Microsoft toolchain installed, you don't need to do any
conversion. You can use the MS linker with the -m32mscoff for
32-bit and -m64 for 64-bit. In both cases, DMD will use the MS
linker instead of the default OPTLINK.

> Now when I run the program it terminates with exit code
> -1073741515 and will not print or do anything written in the
> program. Am I doing the right things? This is the first time
> I've ever done this and I was unable to find any useful help on
> this subject, so some help would be very much appreciated.
> Thanks.

Did you compile bzip2 with MinGW? If so, try compiling with
Visual Studio instead.