Programming in D vs The D Programming Language

Saša Janiška via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 14 01:19:52 PDT 2016

Ali Çehreli <acehreli at yahoo.com> writes:

> I agree and I doubt that I will ever see PinD on a local bookshop
> shelf. What I meant was, IngramSpark makes it *possible* at all for a
> local bookshop to order the book for you and that you can return it
> for a full refund.

Now I'm living in much smaller place and will ask about the possibilities
to order, although I remember when I was living in the capital (Zagreb),
ordering from the shop ended up as double expensive in comparison with
e.g. Amazon order.

> * Because they boycot CreateSpace due to its affiliation with Amazon,
> a local bookstore will not store books printed by CreateSpace. This is
> because the wholesale discount is too little from CreateSpace and
> local book stores do not agree with certain practices of Amazon's book
> business.

I'm also not excited with the their business behaviour, but, otoh, do
not have much choices except using some other online retailer.

> * They will still order for you a book by CreateSpace only if you pay
> up front and if you understand that the book is not returnable.
> (Because CreateSpace books are simply not returnable.)

Ahh, I se..

> On the other hand, if the local book store orders the book from
> IngramSpark, then you need not prepay and you (and the bookstore) can
> return it.

I'm just curious if the above applies here. ;)

> So, I really think that your local bookstore will order one of the
> IngramSpark printing. And you will not pay for customs or shipping.

It sounds good, although I'm taking it with pinch of salt until I check
it out.

> 11 hours by car to Berlin seems a little long for you but there must
> be trains in Europe. ;)

There are nice trains in Europe, but poor connections in Croatia.

> I hope you and many others can make it. So many good friends here...

There are other circumstances to overcome (taking care of our small
daughter, while wife is working at emergency and you might heard there
is lack of doctors here and they have to work extra hours etc.)

However, let me thank you for the book which I know, from personal
epxerience, is always a labour of love and cannot be properly paid back,
but, at least, be happy that it created one new (old) user. ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

p.s. I'll inform you about my decision from where to get the book.

--
Bewildered by the modes of material nature, the ignorant fully
engage themselves in material activities and become attached. But