Programming in D vs The D Programming Language

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 13 18:34:12 PDT 2016

On 03/13/2016 02:40 PM, Saša Janiška wrote:

 >> quality of the softcover by CreateSpace

 > Have you seen this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1WWT9EIV3UDI0/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=0692599436

Yes, I had seen that one. It is unfortunate... :-/

 >> I've gone all the trouble to also publish with IngramSpark and gave
 >> the book stores a very big discount just so that users could return
 >> their books. How about order your copy through your local book store
 >> and see how it looks and whether the return process is pleasant.
 >
 > Well, I'm from Croatia and the D is too unpopular here, so there is no
 > way to find the book in the local store.

I agree and I doubt that I will ever see PinD on a local bookshop shelf.
What I meant was, IngramSpark makes it *possible* at all for a local
bookshop to order the book for you and that you can return it for a full
refund.

The differences are:

* Because they boycot CreateSpace due to its affiliation with Amazon, a
local bookstore will not store books printed by CreateSpace. This is
because the wholesale discount is too little from CreateSpace and local
book stores do not agree with certain practices of Amazon's book business.

* They will still order for you a book by CreateSpace only if you pay up
front and if you understand that the book is not returnable. (Because
CreateSpace books are simply not returnable.) On the other hand, if the
local book store orders the book from IngramSpark, then you need not
prepay and you (and the bookstore) can return it.

So, I really think that your local bookstore will order one of the
IngramSpark printing. And you will not pay for customs or shipping.

 >> dinner in Berlin at DConf. ;) )
 >
 > Thank you for an invitation - I'm not sure I'll make it

11 hours by car to Berlin seems a little long for you but there must be
trains in Europe. ;) I hope you and many others can make it. So many
good friends here...

Ali