Gdmd compiling error

Orkhan via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 14 02:29:05 PDT 2016

On Monday, 14 March 2016 at 09:24:19 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:

>> Yes I have seen that page. But I don't know how to make that .
>> I think I
>> need to upload all files then unzip then just type make ?
>> could you
>> please let me know. Thanks.
>
> 1) Click [ Download ZIP ] to download all files
>
> 2) Unzip in some directory
>
> 3) Goto GDMD-master under that directory, e.g.
>
> $ cd ~/GDMD-master/
>
> 4) make install under that directory as super user
>
> $ sudo make install
>
> Of course, gdmd relies on gdc, which you may have to install
> separately:
>
>   http://dlang.org/download.html
>
> Ali

Thank you for your answer. I have done what you said exactly .
The output is like that :
root at ubuntu:/home/alikoza/Downloads/GDMD-master# sudo make install
rm -f /usr/local/bin/gdmd
install dmd-script /usr/local/bin/gdmd
rm -f /usr/local/share/man/man1/gdmd.1
install -m 644 dmd-script.1 /usr/local/share/man/man1/gdmd.1
install: cannot create regular file
‘/usr/local/share/man/man1/gdmd.1’: No such file or directory
Makefile:41: recipe for target '/usr/local/share/man/man1/gdmd.1'
failed
make: [/usr/local/share/man/man1/gdmd.1] Error 1 (ignored)