Gdmd compiling error

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 14 02:48:00 PDT 2016

On 03/14/2016 02:29 AM, Orkhan wrote:

 > root at ubuntu:/home/alikoza/Downloads/GDMD-master# sudo make install
 > rm -f /usr/local/bin/gdmd
 > install dmd-script /usr/local/bin/gdmd

Good: gdmd seems to be installed. Please type 'gdmd' to confirm.

Note: You may see errors like 'Can't exec "/usr/local/bin/gdc":' but
that's a separate issue, which will be resolved by installing gdc.

 > rm -f /usr/local/share/man/man1/gdmd.1
 > install -m 644 dmd-script.1 /usr/local/share/man/man1/gdmd.1
 > install: cannot create regular file ‘/usr/local/share/man/man1/gdmd.1’:
 > No such file or directory

Luckily, that seems to be a problem with the man page for this tool. I
presume the installation assumes a certain directory hierarchy which is
not present on your system. You can ignore that error. You may want to
create a bug report on gdmd's project page at github.

Ali