Enabling Only Top-Level Unittests

Nordlöw via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 21 08:15:41 PDT 2016

On Monday, 21 March 2016 at 15:11:31 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
> On Monday, 21 March 2016 at 11:36:10 UTC, wobbles wrote:
>> This is quite annoying I feel.
>>
>> There probably should be an option for the -unittest flag to
>> only compile unittests for the source files I'm passing in,
>> and not any of the tests in the -I import paths.
>
> I very much agree.

This is because my project has grown beyond 30klines of code and
at that scale not even D's speed is enough for getting fast
incremental builds through dmd.

Therefore I've split my project into separate build using scons.
With good dependency design I've reduced the build time from
around 12 (via one single call to dmd) to 2 seconds.

I don't see any other solution for really large projects.