Newbie to D, first impressions and feedback on the 5 (and more) first minutes.

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed May 25 03:09:23 PDT 2016

On Wed, 2016-05-25 at 09:54 +0000, llaine via Digitalmars-d-learn
wrote:
> […]
>
> So in your opinion Debian is the best platform for D development?
> Which IDE/Editor to you use?

Use of Debian is not really a D thing , but because of D-Apt Debian is
good for D working. I am sure Arch is as well.

I mix between Emacs and IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse if necessary. D is
fairly well supported in Emacs. There is DDT for Eclipse. For IntelliJ
IDEA there is the beginnings of support from Kingsley. This needs more
work and if it is aggreed that the plugin can move from being Java
implemented to being Kotlin implemented, I may well wade in to it's
development.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk